Thursday, March 7, 2013

American Idol 2013: Top 10 Girls

Top 10 Ladies

I was anxious to hear some of these girls after have mixed opinions during their last week's performance. Some of them continued to impress me (Kree, Angela etc.) while some of them continued to irritate the living daylights out of me (Zoanette, Janelle, etc.). 

Read More...


Zoanette Johnson – “What’s Love Got to Do With It” – Tina Turner
Well this was… different. Zoanette’s hair was different. But one thing that was the same is that Zoanette just isn’t a good singer. She is not even average. I think the judges kept her around for entertainment but eventually that is going to wear off and they are going to get annoyed with the fact that other, more deserving contestants could be eliminated before her. I hope that she doesn’t make it to the Top 10, but with the way things are going this season, anything could happen.

Breanna Steer – “Flaws and All” – Beyonce
Breanna still gives me the heebie jeebies. I just don’t like her. I don’t care for her voice and something about the weird looks she gives the camera are supposed to be sexy but look almost scary. I didn’t think it was the worst thing I’ve ever heard but it definitely isn’t my cup of tea.

Aubrey Cleland – “Big Girls Don’t Cry” – Fergie
I think Aubrey is a very good singer and a nice girl. She definitely is better than some others we have heard and this is the second week in a row she has had a pretty solid vocal. She is somewhat boring to me. This is also the second time in a row she has just stood there almost motionless, singing. I think her voice is enough to get her through in my books.

Janelle Arthur – “If I Can Dream” – Elvis Presley
I love Elvis! But I don’t love Janelle. My boyfriend said he wants to like her, but let’s face it, you can’t like someone who is horrible. I don’t know how the hell she got so much praise from the judges because she did not sing well at all. Rachel Hale should have been the country gal this season and instead we get this. I am very disappointed.

Tenna Torres – “Lost” – Faith Hill
Why is Tenna singing a country song? I love her dress. It looks beautiful and her hair does look better – Nicki was right. That being said, it was pretty terrible. She missed so many notes and screeched through the entire song. It was almost ear piercing and unbearable at points. I was not a fan at all.

Angela Miller – “Never Gone” – Colton Dixon
Angela is apparently Angie now and even though half of her name is gone, her talent is all there! I loved it. I am a huge Colton Dixon fan from last season and I love that song. I said she had something about her than reminded me of Colton in my last review of her performance and now look! I think it was awesome and Angie is definitely going to go far.

Amber Holcomb – “I Believe in You and Me” – Whitney Houston
I hate when girls sing Whitney but I have to admit she did a hell of a job. I really think she looked a lot better too. I think she should definitely make it through to the Top 10 but who knows what America will think.

Kree Harrison – “Stronger” – Faith Hill
Well Kree is just amazing. I loved her before and I love her still. I thought her performance was so effortless and vocally flawless and her little banner with Nicki was cute! Kree is definitely my favorite of the season up to this point (cept I do miss David Willis). I think she is going to take it all the way!

Adriana Latonio – “Stand Up For Love” – Destiny’s Child
I don’t know this song but this was extremely boring. After her performance last time I figured she would be one of the best, but she definitely wasn’t.  I was disappointed but I won’t be disappointed if she doesn’t make it. I actually think she will go home.

Candice Glover – “Ordinary People” – John Legend
Well once again Candice was pretty darn spectacular. I really enjoyed her take on this John Legend song. I think it was a little peculiar that one of the front runners got the “pimp spot” but if anyone deserved it, she did. She’ll be going through without a doubt.

Verdict:
1.       Kree is awesome.
2.       Zoanette is a strange strange lady.
3.       Janelle Arthur is short, annoying and not very good.
4.       Aubrey’s voice is good and the judges need to focus on that and not her looks.
5.       Candice Glover needs to get the purpley red out of her hair.

My picks to advance:
1.       Kree Harrison
2.       Candice Glover
3.       Angela Miller
4.       Amber Holcomb
5.       Aubrey Cleland

Who America will advance:
1.       Kree Harrison
2.       Candice Glover
3.       Angela Miller
4.       Amber Holcomb
5.       Breanna Steer

0 comments:

 

©2009technotronics! | by TNB